【ITTO】ITTO’s missions and achievements (@30th anniversary of Yokohama International Organizations Center)
A. Case Study Overview
- 1. Activity/ Project Title:
- 【ITTO】 ITTO’s missions and achievements (@30th anniversary of Yokohama International Organizations Center)
- 2. Themes:
- 3. Summary:
ITTO Financial and Administrative Officer Simon Kawaguchi delivered a presentation about ITTO’s mission, highlighting the Organization’s work in the tropics towards the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goal, as well as ITTO’s history and achievements, and the strong relationship with the City of Yokohama.
- 4. Sector:
- Organization ： ITTO（International Tropical Timber Organization）
- 5. Implementation Period:
Since 20 July 2021
- 6. Project Site :
- Yokohama International Organizations Center
- 7. Stakeholders＆Partners:
- Yokohama City Council, UN, MOFA, IUC, WFP, YOKE, IFAD, FAO, CYO etc.
- 8. Objectives:
- To enhance a stronger relationship with the City of Yokohama and other international organizations by sharing ITTO’s missions and achievements.
- 9. /Activities:
ITTO’s presentation covered examples of ITTO’s field work that directly contributes to:
- SDG 1 (No poverty),
- SDG 2 (Zero hunger),
- SDG 4 (Quality education),
- SDG 5 (Gender equality),
- SDG 6 (Clean water and sanitation) and
- SDG 8 (Decent work and economic growth).
- SDG 12 (Sustainable production and consumption)
- SDG 13 (Climate change),
- SDG 15 (Life on land),
D. Challenges and solutions:
- 10. Challenges and solutions:
It is becoming increasingly clear that the sustainable management of productive forests in the tropics, and a sustainable tropical timber trade, can help in meeting future wood demand and achieving the SDGs. ITTO is empowered to promote the expansion of international tropical timber trade from legal and sustainable sources. It is perfectly placed, therefore, to assist countries in their efforts towards all the SDGs, The major challenge on ITTO’s view is obtaining funding to continue implemented in field activities.
E. Outcomes and Impacts:
- 11. Outcomes＆Impacts:
An exhaustive list of examples of ITTO’s contributions ot the SDGs and their impacts at local, regional and international level is available:
- 12. Budget:
- 13. Source: