Let`s work towards zero house fires! Raising fire prevention awareness with the booklet “Residential Fire Protection Advice”
A. Case Study Overview
- 1. Activity/ Project Title:
- Let`s work towards zero house fires! Raising fire prevention awareness with the booklet “Residential Fire Protection Advice”
- 2. Themes:
- 3. Summary:
In order to reduce the number of house fires, Yokohama Fire Bureau produced an educational booklet that is easy to understand for citizens.
In this booklet, the number of fires is shown in a graph, and the precautions for each cause of fire are illustrated with many photos and illustrations to visually convey a more concrete image to citizens.
The booklet also includes information on how to extinguish fires in the early stages and how to call the fire department in case of fire, so that people of all ages can learn regarding residential fire protection.
- 4. Sector:
- City ： Yokohama Fire Bureau横浜市消防局
- 5. Implementation Period:
- 6. Project Site :
- Yokohama City
- 7. Stakeholders＆Partners:
- 8. Objectives:
- To reduce the number of house fires by producing an enlightening booklet to raise fire prevention awareness among citizen
- 9. /Activities:
D. Challenges and solutions:
- 10. Challenges and solutions:
E. Outcomes and Impacts:
- 11. Outcomes＆Impacts:
- 12. Budget:
- 13. Source: