Disaster Risk Reduction
|CITYNET Yokohama Project Office supports the SDGs|
Disaster Prevention Education & Awareness for School Project in Nepal
This project was implemented as a project funded by the Toshiba International Foundation
Kathmandu Metropolitan City, Bhaktapur Municipality, Lalitpur Sub-Metropolitan City, Madhyapur Municipality
April 2015 – March 2016
The objective is to share lessons learnt in Japan through major earthquakes and develop local solutions for Nepal through education and awareness so that communities, households and each citizen can take appropriate measures when disasters occur.
*Partner: Plus Arts NPO
- Correct understanding in disaster preparedness and disaster risk reduction
- Creation of localized disaster preparedness training material based on expertise and material contents shared by japan
16 school teachers from 12 school and 4 municipalities participated and conducted the following trainings and projects.
- Investigation of current situation of the effects of the earthquake and disaster preparedness education in schools
- Sharing concepts on preparedness for earthquakes
- Demonstration and application of Japanese education materials in disaster preparedness and educational activities
- Presentation of newly developed education materials by participating school teachers
- Planning and implementation of awareness raising events in disaster preparedness toward school children by school teachers